Friday, January 7, 2011

Blog Friday 12/10/10

1.  On the left its part of the past, mostly work and no fun, the right side is more about now and the future, more fun then work. Its how we have improved over the years. On the left it is mostly manual labor activities working to harvest food, building, very little contact with the outside world, now we have more machines and more time for entertaining things such as, travel, eating food from the surplus and variety that we have, and just being lazy.

2. Walled Towns/Cities had a very big impact on why people didn't get out more, meaning they didn't go outside of their own world so they never had the opportunity to learn new things so they didn't have as much progress in the technology. Not only technologies but education and other experiences they wouldn't have gotten from within the walled town like trying to survive without a house or fire or even having to work for their food. this is a very good survival skill everyone needs to survive.

3. I believe that once we hit the age of enlightenment it changed our life. The change may be good or bad depending on how you are willing to look at it. For example its good because it expanded our knowledge about things. But it is bad because in the process humans are destroying our environment, which we need to live off of.

4. Baron de Montesquieu, his most famous work is the spirit of the laws. He studied governments, and concluded the size of the area being governed changes the type of government that should be used.

http://www.ou.edu/cas/psc/montesquieu.htm

He came up with a lot of influential political theories. His book the spirit of the law was originally published anomalously.

5. When I had my scoliosis back surgery. I am stronger now and I feel as though I can accomplish anything. When something seems tough I think about what I went through then I realize I can handle anything from here on out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment